Monday, December 8, 2008

Soul Journal.. Textured Backgrounds.





The prompt for this journey was a double page textured background using LOTS of gesso.


I tinted my white gesso with Burnt Sienna and whacked it on the page embedding bits and pieces that I had laying around.Then I whacked more gesso over the top of that.I then embedded a picture that I liked which is of a fairy castle.When the gesso was dry I painted it over with twinkling H2O in warm pecan.Then I dry brushed with gold and bronze metallic paint.
When that was dry I cut the pages to follow the contour of the textured part.


I'm pretty happy with it at the moment but this could change..LOL.


Its much nicer in real life...In my opinion anyway.



3 comments:

  1. These are great pages! I too found it a challenge to photograph mine so they looked good. I'm so happy that you had fun with it. I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really achieved beautiful textured pages with your gesso... I can imagine to twinkle from the H2Os. It's a shame scans don't pick that up isn't it? I love your fairy castle... how dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your arch shape with the two page spread is wonderful. love the sienna color, very rich looking.

    ReplyDelete